We have vacancies for:
Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician who has previous experience working within a commercial / technical environment with strong mechanical engineering repair skills and a basic understanding of electrical systems. You will predominately support customers throughout the Lancashire and Yorkshire region, which will include some UK wide customer visits (around 6 per year) which will require overnight stays.
You will service, repair and calibrate equipment on customer sites and the successful candidate must have good customer facing skills with a strong mechanical engineering background and a basic understanding of electrical systems.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Field Service Engineer / Equipment Maintenance & Repair Technician will include:
- Liaise with customers to set up both scheduled maintenance and breakdown repair visits
- Complete required paperwork punctually to ensure scheduled maintenance/repair visits are recorded correctly and appropriate calibration certificates and invoices are raised promptly
- Maximise revenue by identifying where additional charges apply and/or selling additional products and spares
- Observe and adhere to health & safety guidelines and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
- Assist customer services team with in-house repairs / calibrations when required
- Carry out annual calibration on the company’s assets used in the calibration of customer equipment
- Always maintain a professional appearance and manner
- Attend all training courses and meetings as required
- Suggest areas for continuous improvement of the company’s systems and processes
- Proven experience in a similar industry and in a commercial/technical environment
- Strong mechanical engineering / repair skills, ideally backed up with a vocational or academic qualification
- Basic understanding of basic electrical systems
- Able to take on product training across a range of medium complexity mechanical devices
- Experience of engaging with customers face to face and able to represent the Company professionally
- Effective communication style when interacting with colleagues, managers and customers
- Self-directed, resourceful and conscientious
- Flexible approach to work and be prepared to work extra hours and stay away from home when required
- Computer literate and experience with MS Office applications
Competitive (depending on experience) + Performance Related Bonus + Full Expensed Company Car including fuel + Healthcare Plan + Pension + 20 Days Annual Leave, rising to 25 Days after 2 Years Service
Candidate will predominately cover Lancashire / Yorkshire, and will include some UK wide travel (around 6 times per year) which will involve some overnight stays.
This will be a home-based role whilst not out on site. However, you will be required to visit the office in Bury 2 days per month.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will need a Full Driving Licence (Company Vehicle Provided)
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your salary expectations.